Friday, December 9, 2011

Have you lost some weight?

Today I hit a milestone that I didn't even know about. I had someone finally noticed my weight loss! One of the women I work with said "You look like you are losing weight!" I was so excited that my hard work is finally coming to light. I have an image on my desk top that has a scenery picutre and says: "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don't Quit." I feel like it is ringing true as well!

Next Thursday is our company Xmas party. We are going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I'm excited about the show, but not so much on the dinner. I wish I could just not focus so much on the food, but it seems like it's every which way I turn. Especially since it's "Holiday Time." Before, I felt like the holidays lasted until March. It was Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, my birthday, Paul's birthday, Elliott's birthday, and then I was going to try to start losing weight. I've made a big "discovery" this year in realizing that Between Oct 31 and Mar 17, those occasions are only 6 days, not 6 months. There is no need to be a pig the rest of the time as well.

I started my 4 weeks to 1 mile running plan yesterday. While I was running, I kept telling myself "Don't let your head give out before your legs give out!" and it actually helped. This first week I start with a 5 minute warm up walk, run for 45 secs then walk for 2 mins (and do that 4 more times) then a 5 minute cool down walk. Yesterday, I felt incredible afterwards! My goal is to be able to run 1 mile on my birthday (January 9).

2 comments:

  1. I saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra a couple of weeks ago and they were amazing as always. Great job on the continuing weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great quote about people realizing weight loss, etc. I needed to read that!! Thanks. How awesome for you that someone noticed. :-) Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete