Friday, February 10, 2012

I Wish I Had Fallen In Love Sooner

Today is my Paul's 30th birthday. I took the day off today because I had originally planned to throw him a surprise party, but I'm just too focused on my health and fitness goals right now to do it. Plus we really don't have the extra money right now to spend on a big birthday party. Instead we are going to go to a movie that he wants to see (Redtails) while my brother and his girlfriend watch Elliott.

At Wednesday's weigh in I lost 2.6 pounds. I'm soclose to having lost 40 pounds! And that means I'm ahead of schedule for my next weight loss goal, which is 41 pounds lost by March 17!

I had planned on running Monday morning with Kim, but we had technical texting difficulties and it didn't happen. So after work, Stephanie and I went and ran at the Y on the treadmill along with some weights. I decided once and for all that I like running outside SO MUCH better than the dreadmill!

We also had a run on Wednesday night. I ran for the first time without my ankle brace and felt really good! The whole run felt fantastic! It was our last interval run. We did a 5 minute warm up walk followed by 10 minute run-3 minute walk-10 minute run. It was 2 miles! I finally felt like I loved running! I love how it allows me to push and challenge myself. I love how it is changing my body AND my mind! It's helping me achieve goals I never even knew I wanted to be possible! I love how I feel when I go harder, faster, longer! I just wish I would've fallen in love sooner!

My niece had a birthday party last Sunday and of course there was cake. My SIL offered me a piece and I declined. I think it offended her, but I don't really care. At the end of the party there was a HUGE glob of frosting on a cake board from the cupcakes and I wanted to eat a bite. I asked Paul "If I eating a bite of this frosting does that count as cake?" and he said "Yes!" and I said "But it's not cake!" and he said "Carrie, that is disgusting! The frosting is the worst part!" I didn't eat it. I almost did, but I didn't. On our way home I told Paul that I was glad that I didn't eat the frosting. Cake free until the year ends in 3!

Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Happy bday to your sweetie! I hope you enjoy the movie. I've been thinking about seeing that one too. There are a few good movies out I want to see... must make a decision!

    Gratz on the loss!! Being ahead is great news!

    ReplyDelete