Sunday, February 12, 2012

Self Talk WHile Running

I'm so glad that I took Friday off! It was a very much needed break from work!

Paul and I went to see Redtails and it was a really good movie! I almost cried in the theater, but get myself together. We ate lots of popcorn! Elliott had a pretty good time with Ted and Mary and Mary posted this picture to facebook, which made me laugh!





I got an email Friday afternoon that said that our Saturday morning run was canceled due to windchill temps. I was sad. Stephanie and I went to the Y Saturday afternoon and lifted weights and did our run on the dreadmill. It was 22 minutes after a 5 minute warm up run. I did 1.7 miles, which is a 15:52 min/mile pace. I want to get faster, but I know I need to work on my endurance first!

I feel like I have lots of highs and lows while running. My self talk is amusing:

I'm not going to look at the time until after this song is over.
Damn it! I accidently saw the time! 18 minutes left! I'm not going to make it.
Okay, just focus on the basketball game on the TV.
This sucks, this sucks this sucks!
I can do this! Only 10 minutes left!
I need to find a different song! I cannot run to a ballad!
Yes! This song is perfect! I feel so strong right now! I'm going to bump up my speed!
*30 seconds late*
Okay, that was too fast, I need to slow down!
*singing* Run fast for your mother, fast for your father! Run for your children for your sisters and your brothers! *singing*
Yes, 90 seconds left!
It's over! Thank goodness! I can hear my heart pounding in my ears!

I have my last free session with my personal trainer in about 90 minutes. I'm excited to tell him that I've met my goal of running a full mile! I'm excited to feel sore tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment