Saturday, February 25, 2012

Peaceful

Today was the last day of our first running schedule. 28 minutes. I remember looking at that day 8 weeks ago and thinking it would never be possible. But I did it! I'm pretty sure I probably did 30 minutes or more. My phone, which was my timer, died at 24 minutes, so I just finished the loop we were doing. On Wednesday I ran 2.2 miles! I had a new personal record in both speed and distance. My pace was 12:34. We got our next 8 week schedule this week also. We go back to doing interval runs on Wednesdays, but we get up to 40 minutes straight also.

My grandma died Wednesday morning. I'm still not totally sure of what all really happened. I've gathered that she fell and hit her head Tuesday night and was being taken to the hospital by ambulance and went into cardiac arrest in the ambulance. They had her on a ventilator and morphine over night and she died about 530a on Wednesday. I feel really bad for my mom. She gets upset if she even hears about someone dying that she doesn't even know. They cremated her yesterday and are going to bury her ashes on Tuesday. I'm sad and I'll miss her, but I'm glad she gets to be at peace now. She was showing a lot of signs of dementia in the past couple of years. At least she doesn't have to completely lose her mind now.

Grandma with Elliott May 2010


I was going to work out last night, but didn't. I'm trying hard not to feel guilty about it. I worked out 4 days this week. There is no shame in that.

I weighed in on Wednesday with another 1.4 pound loss. It brings me to 217.4. 7.4 pounds until 50 pounds lost and I get to buy my Garmin!

My daughters birthday is in three weeks and I'm trying to get her party ready. I'm really not into it this year. I'm focusing on so many personal goals, I just don't want to lose sight of them. Her birthday is on St. Patricks Day and this year it is on Saturday, so I'm just going with a St. Pat's theme. I've reserved the building, bought a few favors, plates, napkins, and ordered this invites which I need to send out ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment