Sunday, April 29, 2012

Longer, Farther

I ran the farthest I've ever run yesterday! I ran 3.8 miles! I ran slower than usual, but I had a horrible week of running and didn't even run 1.5  miles my other two runs of the week. I realize that I do much better on group runs than running by myself. Yesterday our run was supposed to be 45 minute, but I ran until I was done and run for 54 minutes. I had to take about 4 30 second walk breaks, but at least I was out there doing it. I don't know what happened, but all of my slower cohorts were no where to be found about a mile in, so I ran most of the run by myself bring up the rear of all the other faster runners in the group ahead of us.

I also realized that I feel a lot better after a run if I push myself. The other two runs I had this week I barely ran over a mile and I, pretty much, just quit in the middle. Yesterday I ran longer and father than I ever have and had to push myself and my body felt great afterward!

I signed up for The River Run 10k this week! I saw that they have a Tot Trot for ages 2-7! It's a 40 yard run and the kids get a medal too! I'm going to sign Elliott up for it!

My eating this week has been less than stellar. I went for Chinese with a friend on Wednesday and I think I did pretty well. I realized when I had eaten enough. More than enough actually. Then we took Elliott out for pizza Friday night.

Speaking of all this, I quit that stupid Fat Smash Diet. I caved on Tuesday and ate some cereal and realized that I don't need the diet. When I told Paul he said "I don't know why you're so worried about that diet, you are doing just fine on your own!" and I realized that he was right.

My oldest friend was in town from Colorado this weekend and I went to see her yesterday. She was telling me that her boyfriend used to be really overweight and then he started eating right and running too. She said at first he sucked, but then he got better and has run several marathons. It gave me hope that I'll get there too. I just need to keep at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment