Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Does The Zoo Count As Cross Training?

I was getting ready to go run with Kim this morning and I was getting Elliott's outfit ready (otherwise, who knows what Paul would put her in. Once I didn't put out clothes for her, and when I picked her up from her babysitter, she had on jeggings and an ugly Elmo shirt that was 2x too big for her...) and I went in to lay it out on her changing table and check on her and I woke her up. I tried to back out and close the door, but it was too late. I got her out of her crib and tried to go lay her with Paul, but she wasn't having that either. I finally left while she was still crying hysterically and I got a text from Kim canceling cause she is sick. I'm kind of glad, because I really hate leaving her crying like that. She had just calmed down when I came back in the room. Now she is sitting with me on the couch. She is so emotional lately and it stresses me out!

Yesterday I was having some pain in my... my... my groin? The inside of my thigh where my leg attaches to my pelvis. It started Monday night and it still was painful yesterday. I was scheduled to cross train yesterday, which means I usually would go to the Y and do my mobile fit workout (strength training and cardio). Well, yesterday morning we were taking the dogs out to potty, and it was super nice outside! I decided to take Elliott to the zoo. I pulled her around in the zoo in the wagon for about 3 hours, so I counted that as my cross training. That's cross training, right?

We have a zoo membership so we go pretty often. Or at least I thought we did when I was at my heaviest. I anticipated obstacles before we left. There is a restaurant in the zoo that sells all kinds of fried foods that we usually go to to have lunch.  I usually would've spent around $15 or more on hamburger, fries, soda, and a similar meal for Elliott. Then I would've eaten what she didn't eat because I hate to see food thrown away. Instead we ate lunch before we left and brought snacks and water with us. I remember going before and having to take many breaks to sit down because I would've been so exhausted. This time we took very few breaks. We had a good time. Here are a few of pictures from our day.
She was calling the flamingos ducks!




She is almost as big as the biggest penguin!
These statues are all over the zoo and she HATES them!
So, no run this morning and tonight we have our group run tonight. I also have my WW weigh in today! I hope I lost at least a pound!

No comments:

Post a Comment