Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I gained a pound this week :(. I almost didn't go to WW on Wednesday because of it, but I knew that if I didn't go, I would stay off track and never go back. So I went. I saw my gain, had it recorded, and I have moved on. I'm trying to concentrate on the good things, like how I lost (even with the 1 pound gain) 15.2# between Halloween and Christmas. How I still, on January 1st, have Halloween candy in the house! I normally wouldn't last until November 1st! How I lost weight the week of Thanksgiving. I'm proud of what I have accomplished in 2011, even when I just started this journey in the last quarter.

Last year, I was really sad to see 2010 go. It was the year I had my daughter and that was one thing that made it so very special. This year I've been so glad to see 2011 go, and I'm not sure why. When I reflect on it now, it wasn't all bad. We bought our first home. I got a promotion with a really good raise. My daughter started walking and talking. We got new furniture. I think it has to do a lot with all the weight I gained (and that Paul and I had a HUGE fight on our anniversary, that really sticks out). But I'm determined to get to a healthy weight in 2012 and I know it's going to happen.

I joined the YMCA yesterday. I want to take an exercise class. I think it will be fun. I hope it will be fun. I want to do a swimming class with Elliott, but I want to lose some more weight before I have to get into a swim suit.

I start my running program this coming Wednesday and then I meet with a personal trainer at the Y this coming Saturday. I think that is a great start to my weight loss goals in 2012.

We went to Paul's brothers house last night to celebrate NYE and despite my bringing vegetables and clementines, I still managed to eat more sweets than a person trying to lose weight. I did however track everything I ate. My goal for this week has been to track truthfully and I'm doing well so far. I keep telling myself: Your body keeps accurate record of everything you eat, regardless of what you write down ;)

Well, here's to another week and another wonderful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment