Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Start2Finish

OMG, I have had a fantastic day! I lost 3.4 pounds at my weigh in this week! I was thrilled! I'm 0.4 pounds away from losing 30 pounds! I cannot believe it!

And tonight was the night that Start2Finish started! There is a TON of people. Almost 200. We split up into 3 different groups, Novice 1 (being the easiest) to Novice 3 (being the most advanced). Kim, Stephanie, and I are in Novice 1. We did our first run. We did a 5 minute warm up walk, then we alternated running for 30 seconds and then walking for 90 seconds for 20 minutes. I realized tonight that it is so much easier to run with other people. I have started a 4 weeks to 1 mile (similar to C25K) several times that had about the same run/walk times. This time was much easier. I don't know if it was because I've done it before or the people or both. I was happy to see that I was not the fattest person there. I was actually worried about that. Crazy, I know. But I had already resolved that I was going to be, and I was okay with that.

During the last running stint, I felt SO good! I didn't feel like dying and it felt as my legs were carrying me automatically. I was even passing people! People skinner than me too! I'm so pumped and SO glad I'm doing this program! I'm even more glad that I have friends to do it with!

I had a great week! I'm so proud of myself!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment