Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stressing Out Over Nothing

Yesterday was our first long(ish) running intervals. Before we had only been running 30-60 seconds at a time, but yesterday we did 90 second jog, 90 second walk, 2.5 minute jog, 2.5 minute walk x2. I was really stressing about it, but it wasn't bad at all. Kim and I planned to meet up at 530am to run at the park, but the park was closed until 6am, so we ran on the side walk by her apartment. I had already told Stephanie that I would go to the Y with her that night too. I had planned on doing my strength training and then just doing some walking while she did her run, but I decided to do the run again. I'm glad that I did. It was even less hard the second time. Stephanie did great!

It's crazy how fast we are building up to being able to actually run! Less than three weeks ago we were running 30 seconds at a time and now we are up to running 2.5 minutes! It makes me happy!

This morning I started thinking about maybe signing up for Prairie Fire for the 1/2 marathon. I decided that if I can run the entire 5k in March, then I will sign up for the 1/2 marathon. It makes me scared and excited! I love the things I am accomplishing!

Today is a rest day. Tomorrow we have the same run from yesterday, but 3 minutes instead of 2.5. We usually have our group runs on Wednesday, but tomorrow we have a clinic, so we have to do our run on our own. I'm going to meet Kim in the morning again, and I think Stephanie is going to meet us too. I hope it's not really cold! Yesterday it was 51 degrees at 530am! That is crazy for January!

I better go, my dog keeps trying to steal food from Elliott....

No comments:

Post a Comment