Saturday, January 14, 2012

So Badass!

I'm up and ready to go at 630am on a Saturday! Ready to go get my run on at 730am with the S2F group!

We had a group run on Wednesday at 6pm. I headed out to work at around 5pm to meet Kim and Stephanie to car pool. When I got out of my car, it was freaking SNOWING! When I got inside and told them it was snowing Stephanie said "I wonder if they are going to be doing it tonight?" and I said "Yes they will!" When Kim and I went to the informational meeting about S2F, someone asked if we'd be doing the running inside, or outside. They said outside and that there are only a handful of days that would not be safe for running and it would be due to extreme icy conditions. So we went out. When we got there, they told us that the final count for people who signed up for the program was 304. There were about 30 people that showed up to run.... We headed out and it was not only snowing, but SUPER windy. We had 30mph winds with gusts up to 40mph. We ran the first half into the wind and came back with the wind to our backs. It was so cold and so windy, but I'm SO glad I did it! I felt like a badass afterward! They congratulated us on being committed and coming out in the crazy weather! After the run, there was a clinic on how to make healthy smoothies. We got to try some, and now I have a few smoothie recipes in my head that I want to make.



I went to Old Navy yesterday because I keep seeing a commercial on TV about their new workout line with moisture wicking material. I went on my lunch break yesterday to check it out and bought some stuff. I got a long sleeved running top, a light weight running jacket, a pair of long compression pants, a pair of compression capri pants, 4 pairs of compression socks, a sports bra, a cool hoodie that has ear buds built in to it, a running hat, and a duffel bag all for $127. I spent way more than I expected to, but it was all on sale and I saved $85. I hadn't bought anything for my birthday on Monday, so it was to celebrate my birthday and to celebrate my 30 pound weight loss.

My motivational quote for today: The only workout you'll ever regret, is the one you didn't do!

I never really understood this one before Wednesday. I totally would've regretted it (and maybe not even known that I did) if I hadn't gone out to run in that windy snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment