Friday, March 9, 2012

Fish Tacos

Today has been a pretty good day. We were supposed to have a lunch meeting at work today, but Stephanie called in sick and then another girl who is pregnant has been having some bleeding and had an appointment for an ultrasound, so our boss postponed the meeting, but asked me to go to lunch with him so he could bounce some ideas off of me. He and I used to go to lunch together often, but the other day he told me that he has been avoiding asking me to go to lunch because I "only eat celery sticks and peanut butter." I told him not to avoid me and that I do eat. When we were leaving he asked, "So, where can you eat?" I told him I can eat anywhere. We went to this Mexican restaurant near by. The menu didn't have any "light" items specified, so I asked the waitress. She gave me a few options and I chose fish tacos. It was grilled tilipia with lettuce, onion, and an avacado sauce with whole beans and a small serving of rice. I didn't eat the tortillas. I also didn't eat any of the chips and salsa! I wasn't even tempted! He had asked me to go to lunch that morning, so I didn't eat my morning snack, and actually didn't even end up eating an afternoon snack.

We run tomorrow, then work, then after work Stephanie wants to go shopping for a new running outfit to wear for the 5k. I might buy a new headband, but I don't think I'll buy anything else.

Today, Kim posted pictures on Facebook of our group work picture from the Xmas party and boy do I look huge!

 
I'm the huge one in the gray sweater! December 15, 2011
December 15, 2011 234#


I have lost about 20 more pounds since then. I still have a ways to go though....

Last night I did my boot camp. It was pretty tough, but it was a good workout. I was DRIPPING sweat throughout! We started with weights, then rowed for 5 minutes, more weights, then we ran a lap around the track, went up and down the stairs and then did it again, more weights, then elliptical for 5 minutes, then more weights, then core, then cooled down with 2 laps walking. I liked it! I'm a little sore today, but I feel good.

I think I'm going to take Elliott to see Sesame Street Live this weekend. I've been going back and forth about it... She went last year (when she was 1) and enjoyed it. I think she would REALLY like it this year! Elmo is one of her faves!

No comments:

Post a Comment