Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reflecting

This morning I woke up and I felt good. The inside of my knees are a little sore, which I've never experienced, and oddly enough, my shoulders are sore! My legs feel great though!

As I was reflecting on the race last night, I thought a lot about how far I've come. Just 2 months ago, I had never run a full mile. Running for 4 minutes felt like an eternity! I'm starting to actually believe that I'm going to be able to run the Prairie Fire Half Marathon in October.

4 comments:

  1. I happened to run across your blog and got super excited when I looked at your race page. I'm also doing the color run 7/1 in Kansas City. This is going to be my first 5k run. I have a lot of weight to lose and figured this would be a great motivation to lose the weight. Congrats on your success so far! I'm a new subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! I'm so excited about the Color Run! Do you live in Kansas? I'm from Wichita!

      Delete
  2. Hi Carrie! I'm so excited that you found my blog and I'm looking forward to following you on your journey as well. I love running and everytime I do it, I feel better and stronger. You can absolutely run that half marathon in October! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to following your journey as well!

      Delete